I have two Genovese Basil plants growing in my Aerogarden and they are starting to take over so I made some Basil hummus.
I kinda just threw things in the blender and it turned out yummy.
I also made an attempt at pita bread.
It was good but it will be better next time 🙂
Then three days later my basil had grown back up into the lights and nothing else was getting any light.
So I made Pasta sauce! I have some Oregano growing in the aerogarden as well.. and some chives if the poor things could get some light..
Used the same throw it in the pan and it turned out yummy method.
I’m still eating the leftovers.
It seems that the more I chop my basil the more it insists on growing, I cut it back heavily this time, maybe I’ll have a few days to make some recipes with my other herbs. I have a savory chicken waiting to be roasted.
About a month ago I started some oil infusions. The first one was mixed hot pepper with some dried hot peppers my friend grew. It turned out to be a sort of light red color after about three weeks and I’ve made taco’s a couple of times and used it in the meat, I also hand breaded some chicken strips and I made a buffalo sauce dip with it as well as added it to the breading.
I have a jar with Vanilla bean also, and another with clove. They are destined for lip balm and body butter.
The vanilla is amazingly strong. I haven’t opened the clove yet. I’m excited even though I want to wait at least another week before making anything. Maybe also some blueberry muffins with vanilla oil.
I’ve had two days off and I’ve been fairly busy… I did more than I expected though honestly, I even had time for a nap.
I made a matching body butter and balm for a friend. it took me a couple of days to complete it because of small details like oil infusions. The result is scented with Eucalyptus and Cedarwood.
I’ve finally gotten around to packaging my bath bombs so I can start selling those.
They kinda need to hang out for a few days in some paper towels before they get packaged. I’m just kind of using what I have about for the packaging. It’s not terrible. Right?
There is a piece of cardboard supporting the bottom of the bomb with the name and ingredients list on the bottom, handwritten currently but will be printed soon.
I baked bread… And made a steak with herbed mashed potatoes from herbs I dried.
I got woken up way too early by a bored boyfriend but at least he brought me coffee with whipped cream and cinnamon, he’s good for that sort of thing. It motivated me to get up and make some Earl Grey lip balm since I’ve been in love with bergamot this past week. Here’s the recipe I used.
1 part beeswax
1 part coconut oil
1 part shea butter
a quarter part sunflower seed oil (preferably infused with black tea)
Bergamot essential oil for scent (if 1 part is 1 oz then use roughly 20 drops)
Vitamin E (if 1 part is 1 oz then use 1-2 drops)
My supplies arrived so I made another batch of Grapefruit & Lavender Lip Balm. I was out for a couple of days and I had people waiting while I waited on USPS. I was so excited to make stuff I forgot how many tubes and pots I have, I over calculated and made a little more than I expected so I will have to make a smaller batch of the Earl Grey Lip Balm tomorrow.
My coffee oil turned out beautifully. Now its time for my next infusion projects to begin. Vanilla bean, Clove and Red Pepper. I think there is some vanilla clove scented things in my future. I’ve got so many more infusions to do… Calendula, Italian Herb and Garlic…
Tested a mixture using water, Also I used sunflower seed oil this time. Just waiting for my supplies to come in now. Here are my Bergamot Calendula Flower Bombs.