1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar, granulated
1 cup flour
1 cup Almond Flour
1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 teabag of black tea, cut and emptied from the bag
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream butter and sugar in a bowl until lite and fluffy, mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl mix the flour, almond flour, cardamom, salt, baking powder and tea.
Add flour mixture to the sugar mixture in parts until well combined. Place tablespoons of batter onto a baking sheet
Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly brown around the bottom edges.
If you are not using a stick blender I recommend getting one of the cheap ones, but if you are hand mixing make sure you mix it for several minutes, rest, mix, rest, mix some more. I have had a few hand mixed lotions fail to fully emulsify because I thought I had mixed it enough.
22.68 g emulsifying wax
8.5 g stearic acid
15 g shea butter
5.66 g coconut oil
10 g Apricot kernel oil
8.5 g rice bran oil
cool down/emulsification phase
333 g distilled water (hot)
100 g isopropyl myristate
This was a really fun project, it looks a mess, but I had so much fun. I did this using the heat transfer method and adding the fragrance oil at about 100 degrees before I stick blended for maybe 20 seconds. I stopped blending at the lightest trace and hand mixed it the rest of the way. This gave me enough time to separate and mix 5 colors. There is some inconsistency where I did not mix well enough.
I took all of these precaution because I did a water discount, plus I used a floral fragrance It got thick fast at the end. I didn’t get as much color mixing with the chopstick as I wanted. I am testing out a new mica sampler pack from WSP. I had not used any of these micas before, I am mostly pleased by all of the colors except for the purple which faded out almost completely.
I poured all the colors in messy layers then dragged a chopstick through it for a little bit of displacement. After pouring I sprayed it with isopropyl alcohol and covered it in plastic. For the sake of the colors I wanted to fully gel this soap so I preheat the oven to 170 degrees F, then turned it off and put my soap in there and left it alone for 12 hours before I unmolded it.